[Open-scap] Phasing out the RHEL6 CI

Matěj Týč matyc at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 16:12:25 UTC 2019

Dear community,

the possibility to build the OpenSCAP "oscap" suite on RHEL6 using those
dated utilities s.a. python2.6 is becoming a luxury. Sometimes, passing
the CI for RHEL6 requires some weird workarounds that take time to
design and implement and those workarounds just complicate the code,
they don't bring benefits.

As RHEL6 won't get any significant updates, the ability to compile
recent versions of the scanner suite on RHEL6 seems irrelevant. Do you,
our precious community around the project, have arguments why the RHEL6
should be part of the CI?

If there are no agreed-upon reasons to do otherwise, we are leaning
towards switching the RHEL6 CI off within two weeks, i.e. in the first
half of March.

On behalf of the Brno Security Compliance team,
Matěj Týč