[Open-scap] SCAP not Matching STIG

joescap at mm.st joescap at mm.st
Fri Oct 11 21:40:30 UTC 2019

Using this site as a way to to look at the STIG: https://cyber.trackr.live/stig/Windows_10_STIG/1/15   and looking at V-77189, I don't see anything that indicates that it's a manual check.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Using the same site and going to the SCAP area and looking at the same version in SCAP format, that check (and others) are not in the SCAP.

This came up because some of our folks were scanning a system using the SCAP Compliance Checker tool and another was using a Nessus audit file (that has all the checks in the STIG enabled) and the percentage pass was much higher using the SCAP tool since several checks were not in the SCAP content.