[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.3.4

Evgeny Kolesnikov ekolesni at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 06:20:44 UTC 2020

Hello!

We are pleased to announce the OpenSCAP release 1.3.4. This release is
based on the main-1.3 branch, and it is backward-compatible with all
1.3.x releases.

This release is most notable for fixes we made to some outstanding
problems that had for a while, including memory leaks, standards
conformance and portability.

Nonetheless, there are some interesting new features and improvements
in the scanner:
- Added 'content-encoding' and 'transfer-encoding' headers according
to the capabilities of the libcurl to reduce the amount of transferred
data and bandwidth pressure (thank you, Šimon Lukašík);

- Added support for FreeBSD (thank you, Tom Seewald for the code and
tests fixes!);

- Improved yamlfilecontent test: updated yaml-filter, extended the
schema and probe to be able to work with a set of values in maps (see
https://github.com/OVAL-Community/OVAL/issues/91 and
https://github.com/OpenSCAP/yaml-filter/blob/master/docs/yaml_path_v1.md
for more information).

There are other changes as well, here is the list:
- Fixed a bunch of memory-related problems, including a huge leak in
the rpmverifyfile probe (thank you, Jan Černý);
- Fixed a lot of warnings (GCC and Clang);
- Fixed SEGFAULT caused by recursive and circular dependencies between
OVAL definitions;
- Fixed DOM representation of the profile platform;
- Test suit: better portability, more granularity in results,
inclusion of memory-related tests;
- Compatibility with uClibc;
- Local and remote file system detection method was improved;
- Fixed dpkginfo probe to use pkgCacheFile instead of manually opening
the cache;
- Make the report a valid HTML5 document;
- Improved oscap-podman: force unmount and removal of temporary container;
- Fixed unwanted recursion in file probe;
- Improved oscap-docker: fixed for the case when Atomic is not present.

Also thanks to all our contributors, who helped to make this release.

Download:
https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap/archive/1.3.4.tar.gz

SHA512:
686dbae35fa7b3a3fcb05b0e8babc15249b1830b61388d57b4107507c3a133b9c87a8d32bdd7a796c2726f13774a706b8ed0c9bab158f98eaebec7859fc96755

Enjoy!

On behalf of OpenSCAP contributors

Evgenii Kolesnikov,
Red Hat, Inc.