[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.3.5

Evgeny Kolesnikov ekolesni at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 20:09:18 UTC 2021

Hello, fellow SCAP community members!

We are proud to announce the OpenSCAP release 1.3.5.

This release, while being a minor (and backward-compatible with all
1.3.x releases),
brings big and important changes. We are claiming feature completeness within
SCAP 1.3 specification. While it is not yet official, we hope that
this release would get
us to be NIST certified SCAP 1.3 scanner.

Also, in this release, we officially declare reference implementation
support of the
shiny new yamfilecontent OVAL test, which is on the course to be standardized by
the OVAL Community.

We would also like to thank all our contributors, who helped us make
this release.

Other notable improvements we did in this release:
- Fixed a lot of memory allocation problems, leaks and resource
management issues;
- Added XML Signature Validation for data streams;
- Optimized behaviour with non-local and pseudo filesystems (including
'gpfs', 'proc' and 'sysfs');
- Improved documentation and error reporting.

Download:
https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap/releases/download/1.3.5/openscap-1.3.5.tar.gz

SHA512:
896d7b1e4552cba936dba70f186c3e3c5696d9ccb020ab5f18d8ac08de403f236b1651682da9711ed4721c365db9de7dacd3fce5d0fa467c15c16addef1055db

Cheers!

On behalf of OpenSCAP contributors

Best regards,
Evgenii Kolesnikov