[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.3.6

Evgeny Kolesnikov ekolesni at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 23:33:56 UTC 2022

Hello, OpenSCAP community!

It has been almost a year since the last release and probably you all
are waiting for some action on the compliance front. Well, wait no
longer, here it comes: OpenSCAP 1.3.6. Same good old tool,
backward-compatible with all 1.3.x releases, but a bit more shiny and
with some new features packed in:

- The scanner is now able to select and exclude groups of rules,
supplied as the command line arguments
- There is a boot-time remediation service for systemd's Offline Update mode
- We implemented a memory limit control with
OSCAP_PROBE_MEMORY_USAGE_RATIO environment variable
- SHA-1 and MD5 algorithms can now be disabled during the build time
(yeah, they are not secure)
- Pre-downloaded components of the data stream can now be provided
using the command line arguments
- The scanner is now able to handle the new OSBuild Blueprint fix type.

As always we would like to thank all our contributors, who helped us make
this release.

Download:
https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap/releases/download/1.3.6/openscap-1.3.6.tar.gz

SHA512:
5e4d6c4addc15b2a0245b5caef80fda3020f1cac83ed4aa436ef3f1703d1d761060c931c2536fa68de7ad5bab002b79c8b2d1e5f7695d46249f4562f5a1569a0

On behalf of OpenSCAP contributors

Best regards,
Evgenii Kolesnikov

Senior Software Engineer