[Open-scap] The openscap-report: Tool for generating report from results of SCAP scan

Jan Rodak jrodak at redhat.com
Tue Apr 4 08:42:57 UTC 2023

Hello,
I am contacting you because you are an OpenSCAP user or developer. I would
like to introduce you to the openscap-report[1] tool. The openscap-report
tool aims to present the result of a SCAP-based scan in the form of a
detailed interactive report, which could be a handy instrument in an
investigation of failed security requirements. In general, it helps the
user to understand the composition of the relevant security controls and
checks.

The utility aims to supersede the legacy human-readable HTML reports
generated by the OpenSCAP scanner that suffer from several shortcomings.
For instance, these HTML reports don't visualize all the available
information about performed checks and don't display applicability checks
and relations between other checks in the rule.

The development of the openscap-report is my diploma thesis at the BUT
university in cooperation with Red Hat. I would like to ask you to fill out
this form[2], which covers the user experience and functionality of the
openscap-report tool. I would like to start evaluating the forms after
April 14th. As you complete this form, you will be asked to perform a few
simple tasks. It should take about 45 minutes to complete. That would
require you to install the openscap-report package and have an ARF results
file, generated by the SCAP-compatible scanner (e.g. OpenSCAP), available
on your machine. Any necessary files or instructions are included in the
form. Thank you for your time.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSCAP/openscap-report
[2] https://forms.gle/Dtr9CZxFke8KEbkF7

Regards,