[Ovirt-devel] blocked on virt-viewer in Ovirt install preparation

Guo Lian Yun yunguol at cn.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 09:46:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

I try to install Ovirt on Fedora 9, but block on virt-viewer installation.

The other dependency packages are installed successfully. Here is the
version of them:

Kernel-2.6.25-0.218.rc8.git7.fc9.x86_64

kvm-65-1.fc9.x86_64

libvirt-0.4.3 (installed manually in /usr dir)

virt-manager-0.5.3 (installed manually in /usr dir)

However, it report error when I configure virt-viewer of the following:

checking for LIBVIRT... configure: error: Package requirements (libvirt >=
0.2.0) were not met:
No package 'libvirt' found

Actually, the libvirt is already installed in /usr, who knows why this
fails?
I try to install libvirt as default dir of /usr/local, but still fails for
me.

Thanks!

Best,
Regards

Daisy (运国莲)
VSM Team, China Systems & Technology Labs (CSTL)
E-mail: yunguol at cn.ibm.com
TEL: (86)-21-60922403
Building 10, 399 Ke Yuan Rd, Pudong Shanghai, 201203