[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] VM Creation Test

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 20:43:45 UTC 2008

Attached in this patch is an interface test used to run through and
verify the vm creation process, as well as updates to the test fixtures
to support it. Also included is a small fix to storage_volume.rb for a
bug which I discovered, where upon retrieval of the storage pool list
when creating a new vm, the include_vm variable (created /  passed in
via the vm controller only when the vm id specified by the interface is
not null, as it is when we're creating (eg. not updating) a vm) is null
and thus an exception is being thrown. I've been attempting to figure
out how to proceed with the start vm test, but I am still a bit confused
about how to satisfy the storage requirements for a vm I want to start.
With this patch, all the resources / quotas requirements are satisfied,
and the new vm is created, but this is perpretually in the 'pending'
state, and I'm not sure how to start / instruct taskomatic to change
this. Furthermore I don't see a newly created vm on node 3, and am still
unsure about the correct storage pool / volume parameters to set in the
test fixtures in order to set the vm's storage to something it can
access. Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

The selenium test that is included should also serve as a good guide for
anyone else wanting to write interface tests of your own. A tutorial on
how to do this is still on my list of things to do, but this guide shows
all the basics, eg clicking on links, filling in input, waiting for
elements to load, verifying page contents, etc. The complete selenium
ruby API is available here
http://release.openqa.org/selenium-remote-control/0.9.2/doc/ruby/  and
the selenium reference  here http://selenium-core.openqa.org/reference.html

   -Mo