[Ovirt-devel] Re: virt-viewer plugin integration issues

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 22 07:57:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:43:45PM -0400, Perry N. Myers wrote:
> Either of you have any suggestions on where we should go with this.
> Short term we need a solution (even if it is slightly hackish) just to
> make the console work.  Longer term we need something more secure.

virt-viewer in this case is still running from the browser plugin, or
are we expecting users to launch virt-viewer themselves?

If we control the launching of virt-viewer (eg. through the browser
plugin) then can we obtain a one-time password or key from the QEMU
server on the managed node?  If we can obtain one, then we can easily
pass it through to virt-viewer via an HTML <embed> parameter which
gets passed to the virt-viewer command line.

I think I'm not sure of the exact constraints that this needs to
operate under.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/