[Ovirt-devel] Default configuration for a new managed node...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 14:02:50 UTC 2008

In working on the managed node configuration generator, I came across a
simple case that's going to come up every time.

Basically, when a new managed node comes up, it's not going to have a
configuration in the database. As things stand now, in that case the node
would boot and have no active interfaces on the virtual network. Until/unless
we introduce the ability to configure in real-time the node's interfaces,
we'll always have to configure the node and then restart it to bring those
up.

So I'm considering having a default interface configuration that gets applied
whenever a node comes up. It would be defined in a YML file,
config/default_nic.yml, and would be applied.

Either that, or we could have some configurable actions for undefined (in the
DB) nics such as to turn on DHCP and set it to use ovirtbr0 as a bridge.

Thoughts?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/