[Ovirt-devel] Configurable options for a Nic

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 17:55:51 UTC 2008

The database has mac, ip_addr, bridge, usage_type, and bandwidth:

  - mac and bandwidth would be read-only,
  - ip_addr would be configurable, and if left blank is treated as implying
    DHCP for that interface
  - I'm not clear how we're using usage_type, but I believe that would
    necessarily be a drop-down list of values

So the oVirt host management screen would need to give us the ability to edit
the IP address and usage type for an interface.

Also, in looking at this list, I think I would, as a sysadmin, be confused
that there was no interface listed in the above. I don't think of NICs in
terms of their mac address but instead as the interface name itself. I think
it would give some ease of reading to have the "last known" interface name
stored in the database and displayed as read-only with the other details.

Thoughts?

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/