[Ovirt-devel] 0.92-1 oVirt Release
Perry N. Myers
pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Aug 27 18:28:33 UTC 2008
The oVirt development team is pleased to announce the 0.92-1 release of
both the oVirt Node and oVirt Server Suite.
There are a lot of new features in this release, including:
* Support for migration of guests from one node to another, including the
ability to clear all of the running guests from a node.
* Support for provisioning guests with Linux OSes (Windows provisioning is
still in the works)
* The oVirt Appliance has been restructured so that the 'developer' and
'bundled' appliance are the same. The appliance can be used to manage
both 'fake' oVirt Nodes and real hardware.
* The oVirt Node can now be installed via kernel command line parameters
to local hard or USB disks
* Serial consoles are exposed on both oVirt Nodes and their guests
* General UI improvements and bugfixes
* Ability to search in the UI
The new appliance can be downloaded at:
Instructions for using the appliance and for building your own appliance
from our git repository are available at:
Please download and try it out. Let us know via the mailing list or IRC
if you have any suggestions for enhancements or feedback on what we've
implemented so far.
Also, bugs can be filed on the oVirt project at links provided on:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to oVirt for this release!
More information about the ovirt-devel