[Ovirt-devel] ovirt see only 1 node. how to add other servers ?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 23:49:13 UTC 2008

�� wrote:
> on node1 I "create-ovirt-appliance -e eth0" and "virsh start
> ovirt-appliance "
> on node2 I "ovirt-install-node stateful"
> I think i must create virtual network between real nodes
> on node1 and node2 i add eth0 to ovirtbr0  "brctl addif ovirtbr0 eth0",
> and set on both nodes ovirtbr0 adress 192.168.50.100/24 and
> 192.168.50.200/24
>
> all nodes and virtual host "ovirt-appliance" is in same network
> (192.168.50.0/24), but only one node in list

ovirt-node-stateful only works on the same physical host that the
ovirt-appliance is running on.  So the correct sequence would be:

on node 1:
   create-ovirt-appliance -e eth0
   ovirt-install-node stateful
   virsh start ovirt-appliance
   let the appliance fully come up and then shut it down
   virsh destroy ovirt-appliance
   service libvirtd restart
   virsh start ovirt-appliance

This startup dance is documented on the ovirt.org Wiki at:
http://ovirt.org/page/Node_Stateful

That will allow you to manage VMs on the same host that the appliance is
running on.  Then if you want to run additional ovirt Nodes you can do one
of the following:

on node 2 either:
   1. Configure the host to PXE boot and it will boot the oVirt Node from
      the appliance
   2. Configure the host to USB boot and use the ovirt-flash script to
      create a bootable USB stick from the oVirt Node ISO
   3. Configure the host to CDROM boot and use it to boot the oVirt Node
      ISO

Perry