[Ovirt-devel] git-refresh utility

Darryl Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:06:52 UTC 2008

This is a script I use for work and wanted to share. If you put this
script into your path, then you can use the command:

git refresh

to checkout "master", refresh it from origin, then checkout your
working branch again.

You can specify an alternate to "master" using the -r argument and
supplying a different branch name (such as "next" or "devel"). And you
can also name a set of directories to be processed, otherwise the
script processes the current directory only.

For myself, I use the command:

git refresh -r next `ls -b`

from the parent directory for oVirt to refresh everything.

If you have any mods or updates, send them over. :)

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp: <http://mcpierce.multiply.com>