[Ovirt-devel] help

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 13:05:07 UTC 2008

Hadi Al-Saadi wrote:

> Dear perry,
>

> thanks for your respond.
> today we going to reinstall the host O/S to x86_64 bit O/S fedora-9
>
> next
>
> cant load guest O/S after creating image thru
>  > cobbler image add --name=ubuntu-64-2
>  > --file=nfs://$(hostname)/cobblernfs/Fedora-9-i386-DVD.iso
> it showing in ovirt ui  in the task tab  status failed.
>
> can we run windows O/S ?? and how ??

You should be able to run a Windows OS on an oVirt Node.  The steps are as
follows:

1. Upload Windows install ISO to the Appliance in the /cobblernfs
    directory
2. Use cobbler command line on the Appliance to add the image in
    /cobblernfs as a Cobbler Image object
3. In the Create VM screen your new Image should show up in the drop down
    list for provisioning.  Select this image.
4. Start the VM and use the link in the details pane for the VM to open
    a new Console for it to see the install.

If this doesn't work, do the following to troubleshoot.

On the appliance, remove all of the logs in /var/log/ovirt-server:
rm -f /var/log/ovirt-server/*

Then reboot the appliance to get to a clean state.

Then try creating the VM again and start it again.

If it fails, capture all logs in /var/log/ovirt-server so that we can see
why it failed.

Thanks,

Perry