[Ovirt-devel] ovirt see only 1 node. how to add other servers ?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 15:31:26 UTC 2008

�� wrote:
> Hello
> i send identify information from second node starting
> "ovirt-identify-node -s 192.168.50.2 -p 12120 -d -v"
> but in listing "Hosts" hypervisor field  empty
> i think ovirt-appliance can't connect to libvirtd

Why are you running ovirt-identify-node manually?  That should run only as
part of the Node bootup sequence automatically.

Are you running that on the 192.168.50.254 host or is this a different
physical machine?

In the logs you sent, the only hosts that I can see that have tried to
register with the Server are 192.168.50.254 and 192.168.50.1.  If there
are other nodes that have tried to register, the host-browser daemon on
the Appliance did not see them.  Can you give me the logs from these other
nodes?

I also saw errors like this in your host-status log:

> Connecting to host 192.168.50.254
> libvir: Remote error : Failed to start SASL negotiation: -4 (SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found)

This could be a time synchronization issue.  Please run
date --utc
on both the host running the Appliance, the appliance and all nodes and
let me know what the results are

Also, from your appliance in an ssh session try:

klist
ping -c 1 192.168.50.254
virsh -c qemu+tcp://192.168.50.254/system list

And give me the output for those commands.

Thanks,

Perry