[Ovirt-devel] ovirt see only 1 node. how to add other servers ?

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 14:46:25 UTC 2008

�� wrote:
> В Птн, 12/12/2008 в 12:00 -0500, Perry Myers пишет:
>> �� wrote:
>>> Automaticaly this query "dig +short -t srv _$1._$2.$(dnsdomainname)"
>>> from /etc/init.d/ovirt-functions haven't answer (i didn't configure dns
>>> for local zones).
>> DNS on the oVirt Appliance is provided by dnsmasq which provides the DNS
>> SRV records that oVirt needs automatically.  The Appliance won't work with
>> external DNS without major changes to it.
>>
>>  From the .254 Node and the Appliance what is the output of:
>>
>> dig +short -t srv _ovirt._tcp.priv.ovirt.org
>
> hello
> i set in /etc/resolv.conf "nameserver 192.168.50.2" in all nodes
> after that "dig +short -t srv _ovirt._tcp.priv.ovirt.org" output is "0 0
> 80 management.priv.ovirt.org."

Ok that looks correct, but it is odd that you had to set resolv.conf
manually.  That should have been set by DHCP.

>> The next question is, does the Node have a valid kerberos ticket?  Can you
>> give me the /var/log/ovirt.log file from the .254 Node?  And do you have
>> an /etc/libvirt/krb5.tab file on the Node?
>
> i haven't file /etc/libvirt/krb5.tab on all nodes
> where i can find  valid kerberos ticket ?

The kerberos ticket is pulled from the management server at boot time.
However, if DHCP was not working properly (as evidence from misconfigured
resolv.conf shows, then this pull would have not happened)

Let me check your logs to see if I can find the root cause of all of this...

Ok here's your issue... From ovirt.log on the Node:

> DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 8
> DHCPOFFER from 10.20.4.1
> DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
> DHCPACK from 10.20.4.1

You have a DHCP server running on 10.20.4.1 that is on the same physical
network as your Node.  The only DHCP server that should be running on that
network is the one on the Appliance at 192.168.50.2.  So your Node
initially booted and was given an address from this other DHCP server,
which probably set resolv.conf to a different address than 192.168.50.2.

If you remove this DHCP server from your network that should clear up the
problem.

Perry