[Ovirt-devel] Re: cobbler import of a repo with only noarch packages in it

James Cammarata jimi at sngx.net
Sun Dec 28 06:13:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:02:03 -0500, Perry Myers <pmyers at redhat.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to do a cobbler import of a directory structure that only has
> noarch packages in it.  I'm using the import to create a minimal pxe boot
> environment without needing to mirror all of the packages (we just use
> external repos for the packages)
>
> However, when I try to do a cobbler import of a directory structure that
> only contains noarch packages I get the following error:
>> + cobbler import --name=Fedora-10 --arch=x86_64
> --path=/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Fedora-10-x86_64
>> sending incremental file list
>>
>> sent 392 bytes  received 16 bytes  816.00 bytes/sec
>> total size is 134808812  speedup is 330413.75
>> Given arch (x86_64) not found on imported tree
> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Fedora-10-x86_64/Packages
>>
>> - rsync -a  '/var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Fedora-10-x86_64/'
> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Fedora-10-x86_64
> --exclude-from=/etc/cobbler/rsync.exclude --progress
>> ---------------- (adding distros)
>> - found content (breed=redhat) at
> /var/www/cobbler/ks_mirror/Fedora-10-x86_64/images/pxeboot
>
> I know in the past we were able to import a directory structure with only
> noarch packages and still specify an arch (x86_64 or i386) and it didn't
> fail like above.  Is this a recent change or restriction?  Should we just
> add a single arch specific package to the directory structure to get
> around this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Perry

What version of cobbler are you running?  I know there were a lot of
changes to the import stuff for debian recently, including how it detected
the arch from the tree automatically, it's possible if you're running a
newer version that functionality may have been broken inadvertently.

believed to be clean.