[Ovirt-devel] Re: cobbler import of a repo with only noarch packages in it

James Cammarata jimi at sngx.net
Sun Dec 28 06:48:37 UTC 2008

> I'm running 1.4.0-2 and I think I found the problem... You're right it is
> with the arch detection.  Even though I pass --arch to the cobbler import
> manually, it still tries to verify the arch by looking specifically at
the
> kernel-headers package located in the path that you are importing from.
> Problem is, our minimal tree didn't even have kernel-headers in it.
>
> To fix the problem I'm just going to add kernel-headers package into our
> tree.  That seems to work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Perry

Yep, that's what I figured.  In 1.2.x, cobbler was more trusting and I
don't think it verified the arch if you specified it on the command line.
It's a bit more strict now, though there should probably be some alternate
method to catch corner cases like yours.  I'd submit a trac bug for this
still so we can make the arch checking a bit more robust in the future.

believed to be clean.