[Ovirt-devel] Some architecture diagrams

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 15:15:46 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Attached are a couple of diagrams we're thinking about adding to the website
> to show the logical & physical architecture of oVirt.  Yes, they're missing
> iSCSI storage server, but that's a simple addition. Comments... ?

It's not clear from the diagram that (a) the FreeIPA server must be a
separate guest (or separate machine) and (b) it needs to have a steady
IP address and be available to other machines on the network.  In
particular requirement (b) tends to rule out using qemu or KVM (for me,
because I've never really worked out how to get user networking to have
an IP address which isn't on the private 192.168.122.* network).

I'm unclear on why FreeIPA needs to be its own machine though.  Can we
not set it up so it uses just its own port number by default?

Rich.