[Ovirt-devel] [Q]Can VM start in Developer Version?

S.Sakamoto fj0588di at aa.jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Jul 9 12:04:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a question.
Can VM start in Developer Version?

I install the Developer Version on x86 machine.

When I make VM on this environment and do "start",
The following error is output on taskomatic.log, and "start" failed.

    libvir: QEMU error : internal error QEMU quit during console startup
    open /dev/kvm: No such file or directory
    Could not initialize KVM, will disable KVM support
    Could not allocate physical memory
    start_vm
    Task action processing failed: Libvirt::Error: Call to function virDomainCreate failed

The operation is as follows
1. (on console)virsh start developer

2. (on console)virsh start node3

3. (on WebUI)make Hadware Pool and add Node3 to this pool.

4. (on WebUI)add an iSCSI storage of developer to HardwarePool.

5. (on WebUI)make VmMachinePool and make VM1 on this pool.

6. (on WebUI)do start VM1.

On Node3, I was able to confirm that VM1 was defined with "virsh list".
An same error was output when I try "virsh start VM1" on Node3.

Because /dev/kvm does not exist on Node3 and
cannot load "kvm-intel or kvm-amd",
I was not able to solve this error.

First of all, Can VM start in Developer Version?
If it can do, please teach me a right method to start VM.

Thanks,
Shigeki Sakamoto.