[Ovirt-devel] two minor doc issues

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 17:32:16 UTC 2008

Joel Berman wrote:
> I am trying to build the next sources.
>
> On web page http://ovirt.org/bundled-install.html
>
> The command   |./build-all.sh -ac -b   |seems to want something other
> than the -b (I guessed -p init)  in any case, it does not accept the -b

Ah, for this the problem is that our documentation on the website only
corresponds to the master sources (i.e. the 0.91-1 release).  The next
tree changed build-all syntax slightly.  When we push next to master (i.e.
do another release) we'll update the build docs on the website accordingly.

> on page http://ovirt.org/iscsi-setup.html  the command
>
> |# tgtadm --lld iscsi --op new --mode logicalunit --tid 1 --lun 1 --b /dev/VolGroup00/iSCSI1|
>
> did not like the --b, should perhaps be -b

Good catch.  Fixed.  Thanks :)

> Also a suggestion.   Either a list of all dependencies or a rpm to be yum localinstalled to bring in all
> the dependencies would be useful.  Easy to figure them out, but still an interruption from the flow.
>
> Everything else seems to work exactly as it is supposed to.  Great job overall.

The build-all script should tell you if you have RPMs missing so that you
can install them.  If there are RPMs that should be in the prerequisite
check but or not, please let me know and I'll add them in.

Thanks,

Perry