[Ovirt-devel] [Patch] oVirt Autobuild

Mohammed Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 01:24:36 UTC 2008

Mohammed Morsi wrote:
> Here is the patch I've been working on to get autobuild working w/
> oVirt. Its a two stage build process, the first occurs on the host and
> consist on running / testing the build process. The second occurs on
> the oVirt wui appliance itself and entails running the wui tests. It
> is done for the most part, except for 1. additional data and test
> cases 2. a test in auto-build.sh that validates a successful response
> from the newly created appliance 3. means to run the second stage on
> the newly created appliance (right now it is run on a fixed /
> pre-existing instance of the wui appliance named 'ovirt-autobuilder',
> since we need ssh keys and an auto-build.conf script on the appliance
> for the 2nd stage to run properly.)

Attached is an updated patch that contains the necessary changes to the
auto-build script, and developer kickstart file (among others) to get
the 2nd stage of the build process working on the newly created ovirt
appliance. Parameters such as hostname and mailing list used in the 2nd
stage build cycle can be set via a sysconfig file which resides in
wui/conf/ovirt-autobuild (/etc/sysconfig/ovirt-autobuild when
installed). I've also added a wget check to the 1st stage autobuild
script that attempts to retrieve the main page of the site running on
the new appliance but wget doesn't handle the required authentication
and all thats coming back is a "401 Authorization Required" (not sure if
this is sufficient to say that the appliance install succeed and the
site is up).

   -Mo