[Ovirt-devel] Re: Virtual machine configuration screen

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 12:48:56 UTC 2008

+++ David Lutterkort [28/07/08 22:34 +0000]:
>> Cobbler integration:
>>    - a name for the virtual machine (should be unique)
>>    - a notes section [1]
>>    - a way of listing available system profiles or image profiles
>
>You should also have a quick look at Genome[1] - I don't think it's
>quite ready for prime time, but ultimately that's the kind of
>provisioning solution you want to integrate with. From the oVirt side,
>it shouldn't require much more metadata than cobbler (essentially, just
>a list of puppet classes on top of Cobler metadata).

I had a meeting with calfonso and brenton last week to discuss what they were
doing now. From what I gathered from them they were looking for a potential
alternative solution for deployment and are interested in oVirt in that area.
I talked with them about this and got some good ideas.

>>    - the number of CPUs to use [2]
>>    - the amount of memory for the VM [2]

>> Questions:
>>    - should we also include iptable configuration?
>
>Do you mean iptables on the host ? If so, I don't think that is really
>related to cobbler integraton, more around 'OVirt networking'.

I was more referring to within the guest VM. But, in thinking it over, I
think initially we should handle that from puppet recipes rather than from
oVirt.

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/