[Ovirt-devel] Testing results of new host-browser code

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 08:35:39 UTC 2008

Perry N. Myers wrote:
> In host-browser.rb there is:
> So... we don't want to stick with kadmin.local long term since we want
> to be able to have separate kerberos and ovirt servers.  However, for
> now unless there is a quick solution to this I'm going to change this to
> be kadmin.local.  Once there is a fix for this we'll change it back to
> kadmin.

Yes, must be kadmin.local for now, my bad for now catching this while reviewing!

kadmin is not a standard protocol and to support different krb servers we're adding admin API in Krb5Auth, for now we need: create_principal and get_keytab operations.
This will abstract krb server specific administrative commands: for IPA ipa-addservice ipa-getkeytab, for MIT krb5 kadmin, for AD samba tools...
It should be configurable via yml config  files.