[Ovirt-devel] More testing issues

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Fri Jun 6 09:11:38 UTC 2008

All,
     Here's some more issues I've come across now.  I started from a fresh
database (re-ran ovirt-wui-install), so I shouldn't have any missing database
columns or stale data.

1.  When I booted node 3 (my first host), and then clicked on the corresponding
entry in the "Hosts" tab, the details information showed up in the bottom part
of the right-hand pane.  However, on the right side of that pane I got a "We're
sorry, but something went wrong" error message.  I'm not sure what is supposed
to be displayed there.

2.  There's a bug somewhere in the libvirt iSCSI scanning code; the first time
you add an iSCSI volume, it won't find the sysfs path correctly, and the
taskomatic task will fail.  I'm working on this one; the workaround for now is
going to be hit "Refresh" on the pool, and it will find it the second time.

3.  Once you create a VM pool and put a virtual machine on it, you can then
perform actions on it.  Good.  The problem here is that if you start a VM, then
stop it, the "state" on the summary (in the upper left pane) doesn't get
updated; the state in the detailed section (in the lower left pane) does get
updated.

That's all for this morning; I'll send more as I find them.

Chris Lalancette