[Ovirt-devel] i386 support dropped?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Tue Jun 10 18:04:31 UTC 2008

Alan Pevec wrote:
> Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> has the i386 support been completely dropped for ovirt? The new
>> download page now mentions x86_64 as an explicit requirement. While I
>> can see
>
> no, it's just pre-built appliance image which is offered as x86_64 only.
>
>> that for a full-on server deployment this change now made it
>> impossible for me test ovirt at all short of completely re-installing
>> my machine.
>
> you can easily build yourself an i386 appliance using build-all.sh (in
> top of git checkout):
>
> # ./build-all.sh -acd
>
> For usage help:
> # ./build-all.sh -h

Thanks, that worked like a charm. What is the proper way to setup the
storage in the appliance? When i click "add storage" I only get an empty
list and when i click create storage and enter 127.0.0.1 and
"ovirtpriv:storage" as target I get a success message but the created
storage pool doesn't contain any volumes. According to tgtadm there should
be 3 volumes available locally:

[root at management ~]# tgtadm --lld iscsi --op show --mode target
Target 1: ovirtpriv:storage
     System information:
         Driver: iscsi
     I_T nexus information: