[Ovirt-devel] Managed node identification working...

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Jun 18 19:05:15 UTC 2008

I've finished up the code for making a managed node identify itself to
the oVirt server and for retrieving the keytab. However, I've hit two
stumbling blocks and am not sure how to proceed:

1. The UUID returned is currently defaulting to the managed node's
hostname. I'll plead ignorance and say I'm not sure how to retrieving
the UUID for the node. I see where, with a domain reference, I can grab
the UUID string via the libvirt APIs, but am not sure which domain to use.

2. Putting the ovirt-managed-node.rpm into the pungi repo's not happened
for me. So, for now, the common-pkgs.ks does not include
ovirt-managed-node and I've had to manually push the RPM onto the
managed nodes. But, once there, they boot up and identify themselves
just fine with the developer node.

I would appreciate a little assistance on these two pieces. Thanks. :)

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/