[Ovirt-devel] Updated libvirt 0.4.3 packages with fixes

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Thu Jun 19 23:38:07 UTC 2008

I tried a completely fresh git clone and rebuild which works fine but once
the developer image gets started I get the following:

+ ./create-wui-appliance.sh -t http://192.168.122.1/pungi/9/i386/os -k
http://192.168.122.1/ovirt/wui-rel-i386.ks -v
Domain node3 defined from /tmp/tmp.YalsoGrNEU

Domain node4 defined from /tmp/tmp.6d78YKraaF

Domain node5 defined from /tmp/tmp.VY2JRaH6m3

Network dummybridge destroyed

Network dummybridge has been undefined

Network dummybridge defined from /tmp/tmp.AZgnZkU3Fv

Network dummybridge started

Network dummybridge marked as autostarted

Formatting '/var/lib/libvirt/images/developer.img', fmt=qcow2, size=6144000 kB

Starting install...
Retrieving file .treeinfo...|  380 B     00:00
Retrieving file vmlinuz...| 2.0 MB     00:00
Retrieving file initrd.img...| 8.9 MB     00:00
virDomainCreateLinux() failed internal error Unable to open monitor path
/dev/pts/2
Domain installation may not have been
  successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
  by running 'virsh start developer'; otherwise, please
  restart your installation.
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:33:38 ERROR    virDomainCreateLinux() failed internal
error Unable to open monitor path /dev/pts/2
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 497, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 457, in main
     dom = guest.start_install(conscb,progresscb)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 845, in
start_install
     return self._do_install(consolecb, meter)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/Guest.py", line 866, in
_do_install
     self.domain = self.conn.createLinux(install_xml, 0)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 841, in createLinux
     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: virDomainCreateLinux() failed internal error Unable to open
monitor path /dev/pts/2

Regards,
   Dennis