[Ovirt-devel] ovirt demo appliance

Chris Barclay cbarclay at virtualiron.com
Tue Jun 24 14:00:03 UTC 2008

Apologies for clogging up the devel list with a question on the beta
appliance but I don't see any other user forums.

I've followed all the steps listed on your appliance download page
http://www.ovirt.org/download.html

I am able to start firefox, using either ssh -Y or ssh -X, which should
redirect firefox display from the appliance to the host.

However, firefox appears to use the host's configuration information,
not the appliance. For example, the start page is
http://start.fedoraproject.org versus what's in the appliance's settings
http://management.prov.ovirt.org/ovirt ... Also, File | Open shows the
host's file system, not the appliance's.

When I manually try to open http://management.prov.ovirt.org/ovirt there
is no page to be displayed. Scanning through the logs in
/var/log/ovirt-wui shows nothing too strange (although I don't really
know what to look for). A netstat -a does not show any ports open on 80
or 443, however.

Any suggestions?
thanks,
chris