[Ovirt-devel] Question about gettext file

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 13:59:29 UTC 2008

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think gettext .po(internationalization) file should be made in distribution packages.
> But I am looking around the code, I cannot found the .po file.
>
> Is this a policy or just forget it to make this?
> For example, libvirt has many .po file in po directory.

For the ovirt-wui package, I agree.  This will need internationalization.
  We just have not had the time to do that yet.  If you'd like to
contribute along these lines, that would be much appreciated :)

For the Managed Node, we only support C locale in order to keep the
embedded hypervisor image size minimal.  So there will not be any
internationalization at the current time.  We will eventually be working
on a local console for the Managed Node (so that you can create and manage
guests from the console of a node instead of needing the oVirt server).
This will need to be internationalized, but that is still a little ways off.

Thanks,

Perry