[Ovirt-devel] [RFC]: Clean up ovirt-identify-node.c

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Thu Jun 26 11:56:48 UTC 2008

All,
     Attached is a patch that cleans up ovirt-identify-node.c.  I haven't yet
tested it (beyond compile-testing), but I just wanted to show people what I was
doing with this.  It's a large patch, but in essence, it:

1)  Moves all variable declarations to the top of functions, for easier reading
2)  Converts all sprintf() to snprintf() for safety
3)  Removes a bunch of unnecessary buffers
4)  Fixes a couple of fprintf() compile warnings
5)  Makes saferead() and safewrite() actually safe

I just wanted to get this out there for review while I test it, especially since
it is going to conflict with Darryl's other patch.

Chris Lalancette