[Ovirt-devel] ovirt questions

Thomas von Steiger thomas.vonsteiger at bluewin.ch
Fri Jun 27 16:13:27 UTC 2008

I have installed ovirt ontop fedora 9 and macos with vmware to learn
and sea the philosophy
and i think this project is on the right way to push and manage
baremetal to virtual servers in the datacenter with opensoure in the
future.
I found one great point for this project is using of ruby and RoR with
a breeze of python and bash. I like this!

 From my first positive experience and thinking about this project i
have some feedback/questions:

- Are groups for usermanagment not practical ?
- Whats about the idea to map spacewalk or satellite channels/
activationkeys into ovirt to the managed nodes and virtual servers for
the patchmanagment?
   With the ovirt information from one server it's possible to
generate a server profile for the rhn registration.
- Are there other types of storage in the schedule for the future like
direct attached storage or san storage?
- For now i can define in host managment "hostname". What's about
"domainname"?
   Should we not use hostname.domainname.

Many thanks,
Thomas