[Ovirt-devel] Refactoring hosts table for updated CPU info

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 16:28:01 UTC 2008

Scott Seago wrote:
<snip>

> Do you have the full list of attributes you're going to add per CPU?

What I'm looking at now is to send up (for each CPU) the family, model,
CPUID level, cache size, number of cores and the set of CPU flags. On
this last part, though, I'd like to shrink it down to only those flags
that are of use to the admin.

> Also, there has been talk of refactoring the host NIC model as well --
> are you working on this along with the CPU bits, or is that an unrelated
> stream of work?

I was going to break that out into a separate set of tasks after the CPU
bit is reworked. It's next on my list, though.

--
Darryl L. Pierce, Sr. Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. - http://www.redhat.com/