[Ovirt-devel] Ovirt Host Tasks

Perry N. Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 19:34:21 UTC 2008

Hugh O. Brock wrote:
> Good question. Seems to me that ideally you want your keytab stored on
> read-only storage (i.e. a cdrom or a usb key with a read-only
> switch or TPM)... which isn't really possible for local HDD storage. Maybe
> this is stupidly paranoid or just doesn't make any sense though.

Hmm.  That is a good point but...

Not all USB thumbdrives have read/write toggles.  We can of course mandate
that only this type of thumbdrive should be used.  (But that's just a
suggestion, I don't think we should enforce it with code)

And onboard flash...  The platforms would need to have a way of toggling
write access to platform flash.  This is something that would have to be
worked out with hardware vendors.

But in general I agree with your thoughts on this.

Perry