[Ovirt-devel] known problem when installing a guest from a CD / DVD

mark wagner mwagner at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 12:49:22 UTC 2008

Maybe not the intent to install from a DVD.  However Perry and I spent
some time last night helping a user try to get a developers version
going on her system.  For the past week she was trying to install the
guest based off of the CD/DVD without success.

We may not want to support installs off of the DVD.  However we should
mention in the developer instructions that it is known not to work and
that the supported method is off of an image on the hard drive. It will
save a lot pain and agony for those trying to install and save cycles
for those trying to help support them.

-mark