[Fwd: Re: [Ovirt-devel] Problem with developer installation]

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn d.jacobfeuerborn at conversis.de
Fri May 9 02:44:56 UTC 2008

Hi Susan,

I haven't tried to start any additional nodes yet to keep the possible
problem sources limited. After taking a closer look at the init scripts and
logfiles and doing some strace'ing it looks like I'm missing the file
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/principal which seems to be vital for the kerberos
tools. Not sure why this isn't there and the first-run scripts don't
regenerate the kerberos stuff either so that explains why the authorization
fails.

I wonder why the kerberos subsystem got screwed up because I followed the
instruction exactly and got no errors during the installation. Everything
looked fine until I actually ran the appliance.

Regards,
   Dennis