[Ovirt-devel] oVirt console (again!)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 21:02:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:02:37PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> >  (3) Running virt-viewer or viagre as separate, standalone programs.
> >      This works, but requires the user to type in some very long
> >      and complicated command line by hand, and there are unresolved
> >      authentication problems.
>
> Authentication problems?  Which authentication problems?
>
> /me uses virt-manager for the guest consoles.  Authenticates just fine
> via kerberos, using the same ticket I need for the ovirt wui anyway.

The problem, as ever, is with Windows.  It's hard to set up a Windows
client as a Kerberos client, so this won't just work.

> For a larger-scale setup you'll probably want build some dedicated app
> (say  ovirt-viewer) which gets a list of vms from ovirt, the node they
> are running on and then goes talk to libvirt on the nodes for the vnc
> display.

That's basically the plan for number (4).

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)