[Ovirt-devel] Testing the standalone stuff

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 14:18:38 UTC 2008

I went through the currently checked in standalone code. Couple of
comments below. I wanted to test the passthrough of the data. I see it
getting written to the /etc/sysconfig/ovirt location. Who is supposed to
access that? Is each ovirt-config-* supposed to have a "default" which
is called by the main script?

- The code lookging for _ovirt._tcp DNS SRV does not default it to
standalone. Either Need to fix ovirt-early or change the docs at
http://www.ovirt.org/page/Node_Standalone_Operation
- First menu has Starting ovirt-post... on the same line as 1)
Networking. Can this be put onto two lines.
- Networking
     -- After configuing one, I am given "Please select a network
interface to configre" with no options.
     -- Networking "Quit" seems to be "quit and save" Make this clear,
and give a "Quit not save" feature
- Main Menu "quit" perhaps should be continue?

-- bk