[Ovirt-devel] Questions on the Server Suite UI

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 14:38:45 UTC 2008

Below are a couple of functional question on the UI having installed it,
and reviewed version .6 of the docs. I realize the answer may be "in an
upcoming release", but I wanted to at least throw it out:

1) Can I set quotas at the VM pool level, or are they only inherited
from the hardware pool?
2) Are there plans to support moving vm pools between hardware pools?
3) Can I move a storage server from one pool to another if it is being
used? If not, where do I see the information about where it is being used?
4) In the appliance setup, is there a ui path to add users to LDAP?
5) In the docs it says that a user is defined at the Hardware / VM pool
level and can not be moved. But, I assume that a person can have access
to many hardware or VM pools. Is that accurate?
6) What is a SmartPool?

Couple of UI RFEs:
- Given the richness of the UI, I keep expecting a right click context
menu. Especially in the tree nav.
- When creating a VM, a refresh button would be nice. Unless you have
push to the client.

-- bk