[Ovirt-devel] problem installing the appliance

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Mon Nov 17 17:03:44 UTC 2008

sylvain.desbureaux at orange-ftgroup.com wrote:
> Hi all, First of all, I apologize if it's not the right place to send
> questions about overt but this is the only mailing list I see.

This is the right list.  Sorry for the delay, didn't see this mail until
recently :)

> I've just installed ovirt-appliance 0.95.1 on fedora core 9 (not that
> easy because I have my own dhcp server). After the installation, I can
> connect to the web server but the authentication fail (http error_log
> says it doesn't find any KDC). Except some trick on the hypervisor to
> make the appliance running (stopping iptables and ip6tables, creating a
> new script for putting the appliance tap on the good bridge), the
> install is a stock one. I've took a look � ipa.conf, krdc5.conf... but
> I don't see where is the problem. Any ideas ?

It could be an appliance initialization problem that we've recently seen
here.  The domain we're using on the appliance is priv.ovirt.org which
actually does resolve externally since *.ovirt.org resolves as a wildcard.

To confirm that this is the problem, if you can send me a few logs that
would help me figure out what went wrong.  Actually, if you can tar up
your entire /var/log dir on the appliance and send it that would be best.

Thanks,

Perry