[Ovirt-devel] Questions on the Server Suite UI

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 06:58:52 UTC 2008

Jason Guiditta wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 11:23 -0500, Hugh O. Brock wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:38:45AM -0500, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Couple of UI RFEs:
>>> - Given the richness of the UI, I keep expecting a right click context
>>> menu. Especially in the tree nav.
>> That would be a good idea, yes... paging Mr. Guiditta...
>>
> I think this would require some thought to see if it was really worth
> the effort.  I am not a big fan of taking over the browser's native
> right click behavior, but we could certainly consider it if there is a
> compelling use case.  Right now, however, I do not see what that would
> be, and quite frankly, I think we have more important things to improve
> before pursuing this course if there really is interest.

Yes, I agree with Jason here.  While I know Zimbra does take over the
right-click menu, in general I don't really think it is a good idea.  We are in
a browser, after all; I might want to "Copy Link Location" or "Select All".
This is, of course, totally a subjective/style thing, but it fits in with the
principle of least surprise.

--
Chris Lalancette