[Ovirt-devel] issue w/ fake nodes on Fedora 10

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 03:58:48 UTC 2008

Darryl,

ovirt-identify-node sends the hardware UUID to the ovirt-server as part of
the startup process.  On F10 it looks like the fake nodes that run in kvm
have an empty UUID that causes the server to fail because it's expecting a
parameter there.

> [root at node3 ~]# lshal | grep uuid
>   system.hardware.uuid = ''  (string)

Do we rely on UUID for anything or is it just purely an informational
parameter?  If we don't rely on it for anything we should accept a blank
string as valid input.  If we are relying on it, we should reconsider perhaps.

Perry

--
|=-        Red Hat, Engineering, Emerging Technologies, Boston        -=|
|=-                     Email: pmyers at redhat.com                      -=|