[Ovirt-devel] oVirt Managd node sequence

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 14:43:36 UTC 2008

Doron Fediuck wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> Thanks for your answer.
> I actually had a long look at this page...
> There are issues there such as:
>  Prompt user to configure disk storage.
>  ovirt-config-storage
>  Install node to disk?

Install node to disk using o-c-storage will be in git today, I'm debugging it now.
Before standalone config, we had http://ovirt.org/page/Local_Disk_Usage - which is still valid if you're using 0.95.

> I'm interested to see which initrd is running it and what
> is done there. There's a gap between the grub menu and this
live cd uses isolinux not grub
> functionality, and I'm trying to understand it.
>
> Is there a way to see more documentation or the actual initrd and grub.conf ?
initrd is standard livecd, we don't modify it. See http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=mkinitrd;a=blob;f=mkliveinitrd

You can also examine initrd using http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=mkinitrd;a=blob;f=lsinitrd
or pax -zf initrd0.img ; pax -zrf initrd0.img