[Ovirt-devel] Can any one help me, I cannot start the virtual machine with default ovirt-appliance

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 09:16:17 UTC 2008

xxqonline at hotmail.com wrote:
> I am using 32bit Fedora
> Linux physical.priv.ovirt.org 2.6.25-14.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Thu May 1
> 06:28:41 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> I start the ovirt in the node model.

please run yum update to get latest F9 updates.

> [root at physical ~]# rpm -qa | grep ovirt
> virt-viewer-plugin-0.0.3-3ovirt1.fc9.i386
> libvirt-python-0.4.5-2ovirt1.fc9.i386
> ovirt-appliance-0.93-1.fc9.i386
> ovirt-release-0.93-1.fc9.noarch
> ovirt-node-0.93-1.fc9.i386
> libvirt-0.4.5-2ovirt1.fc9.i386
> kvm-74-7.fc9.ovirt.i386
> ovirt-docs-0.93-1.fc9.noarch

that's all good - you have latest released beta installed

> I have configured the NFS as described in the doc. But I do not know why
> the storage show nothing, please refer to the attachement.

Do you have node3 running? Taskomatic needs at least one Node to be up and running to be able to execute libvirt storage pool commands.

> When I create aovirt-node VM, it always pending, and the other PXE-boot,
> Fedora 9 cobbler profile and so on always show stopped.

> I cannot start them.
> And when I use the # ssh -Y root at 192.168.50.2 virt-viewer -c
> qemu+tcp://node3.priv.ovirt.org/system VM_NAME
> It told me the virt-viewer  command is not on the 192.168.50.2.

Yeah, this is old instruction, if you have running oVirt managed VM, you should get "Console" link in VM details which starts external vnc viewer via virt-viewer-plugin.

Please double check you have node3 running: virsh list on the host machine should show ovirt-appliance and node3 VMs running - in "fake" Nodes modus, oVirt managed VMs are created inside nodeX VMs (yeah, confusing and useless, this is just for demo/quick test in development)