[Ovirt-devel] unable to add hosts in web admin tool

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Mon Oct 13 09:19:06 UTC 2008

Alan Pevec wrote:
> Please check the logs /var/log/ovirt* to find out what's going on

Can't see anything much in the logs on the management server.  I had a
look at ovirt.log on the managed host and it looks as though it is
having problems talking to the management node, not sure what to do
about it though.  Here's the relevant part of the log:

Resolving management.priv.ovirt.org.... 192.168.50.2
Connecting to management.priv.ovirt.org.|192.168.50.2|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
2008-10-13 16:52:33 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.

Failed to retrieve configuration bundle
Applying default configuration to eth0 and ovirtbr0
Applying default configuration to eth1 and ovirtbr1
Default config applied
  No volume groups found
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
umount: /tmp/tmp.1L8QltORDO: not mounted
skipping Kerberos configuration
skipping ovirt-awake, oVirt identify service not available
skipping collectd configuration, collectd service not available
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
store config:mount: can't find /tmp/tmp.r0yHe5SGXZ in /etc/fstab or
/etc/mtab
 /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key.pub
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_key.pub
/etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
umount: /tmp/tmp.r0yHe5SGXZ: not mounted
skipping ovirt-identify-node, oVirt registration service not available

> That parameter sets up local disk partition for persisted Node
> configuration, see http://ovirt.org/page/Local_Disk_Usage For
> simplicity try w/o it first.

Thanks, removed it for this node.