[Ovirt-devel] Re: Issue with ISO provisioning

Darryl Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 11:46:39 UTC 2008

Perry Myers wrote:
> I tried to provision a second guest using the same ISO image off of the
> same NFS share.  This failed with the following error in taskomatic:
>> libvir: Storage error : no storage vol with matching name
>> start_vm
>> Task action processing failed: Libvirt::RetrieveError: Call to
>> function virStorageVolLookupByName failed
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/./utils.rb:124:in
>> `lookup_volume_by_name'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/./utils.rb:124:in
>> `connect_storage_pools'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/./utils.rb:81:in `each'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/./utils.rb:81:in
>> `connect_storage_pools'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/./task_vm.rb:314:in `start_vm'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/taskomatic.rb:99
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/taskomatic.rb:88:in `each'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/taskomatic.rb:88
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/taskomatic.rb:68:in `loop'
>> /usr/share/ovirt-server/task-omatic/taskomatic.rb:68
>
> Seems that if the NFS share is previously mounted as a storage pool in
> libvirt, it causes taskomatic to fail.  If I manually destroy the
> storage pool for the NFS mount on the host and undefine it and then try
> again, the start_vm succeeds and recreates the storage pool.
>
> This needs to be fixed...

You shouldn't have to create a storage pool at all to provision an ISO
from Cobbler. As long as the ISO image is on an NFS exported file system
the Image record was given the hostname and export path, a storage pool
need never be defined for it in oVirt.

But, I'll dig into this problem and see what I find.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce at redhat.com> : GPG KEYID: 6C4E7F1B