[Ovirt-devel] How do I provision a redhat ISO

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 02:53:32 UTC 2008

xxqonline at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello Darryl:
>      I mean a admin ovirt appliance talk with a physical redhat host,
> that redhat host is pre-installed.
>  We use libvert to talk with the kvm on the redhat to create VM. Is it
> possible?

Please see this earlier response:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/ovirt-devel/2008-October/msg00235.html

The short answer is that presently you cannot manage a RHEL5 host with the
oVirt Server.  We will eventually support managing RHEL5 hosts via the
oVirt Server but there are a few development steps that need to happen
first.  The above email outlines the steps that need to happen.

Thanks,

Perry