[Ovirt-devel] Re: Ask for further help of the iscsi

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 09:49:57 UTC 2008

Xuewei Bian wrote:

>      What should I do to configure the iscsi server on the real box?
> Yesterday , we make the iscsi server configured successfully on the same
> box of the ovirt-appliance.So I want to know ,how to configure it on the
> other machine.Please provision more detail for me.Thanks a lot. :-)
>
>      Vivian Bian

I've been trying to reproduce your issue and I think you've hit the issue with hardcoded SCSI serial# in tgtd: it's hardcoded to beaf+ID+LUN
see http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tomo/tgt.git;a=blob;f=usr/spc.c;h=ac5c3deacd14e94e15d9b0fcf136bd85b9362ed7;hb=HEAD#l1033

This makes udev create the same /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-S_beaf11 path so your iscsi target conflicts with iscsi provided by the appliance.

Workaround is to set tgtadm --tid value to something different, I'll also move iscsi target defined in the appliance to the max id available, to reduce the possibility of collision.