[Ovirt-devel] unable to add hosts in web admin tool

Justin Clacherty justin at redfish-group.com
Wed Oct 22 09:39:26 UTC 2008

Alan Pevec wrote:
> Justin Clacherty wrote:
>> Alan Pevec wrote:
>>> Please check the logs /var/log/ovirt* to find out what's going on
>>
>> Can't see anything much in the logs on the management server.  I had
>> a look at ovirt.log on the managed host and it looks as though it is
>> having problems talking to the management node, not sure what to do
>> about it though.  Here's the relevant part of the log:
>>
>> Resolving management.priv.ovirt.org.... 192.168.50.2
>> Connecting to management.priv.ovirt.org.|192.168.50.2|:80... connected.
>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 500 Internal Server Error
>> 2008-10-13 16:52:33 ERROR 500: Internal Server Error.
>
> Seems that ovirt-appliance firstboot failed and left appliance in bad
> state, check the mongrel log.
> You can also reinstall ovirt-appliance image and try
> http://ovirt.org/page/TroubleShooting#Debugging_oVirt_Appliance_firstboot

I waited for 0.94.  Just tried it and the same thing is occuring.  Is
there a trick to reinstalling the ovirt-appliance?  Do I just run
"create-ovirt-appliance -e eth0" again?  I don't see any console output
on the terminal when I run "virsh start ovirt-appliance; virsh console
ovirt-appliance", just the output of the start command "Domain
ovirt-appliance started".

Justin.